Generator tap boxes provide a safe and efficient means of connecting a commercial or industrial business with a portable or auxiliary power source in the event of an outage or electrical complication or during routine mechanical maintenance. A generator quick-connect tap box is most frequently situated on the exterior of a building, wall- or floor-mounted, and used in conjunction with either a manual or automatic transfer switch as dictated by the business’ needs.
In the market to choose a generator tap box? Our tap box products are available fitted with either NEMA 3R or NEMA 3RSS enclosures suitable for outdoor or indoor use. The enclosure effectively mitigates dirt and airborne solids and the ingress of water produced by standard precipitation. It also helps to reduce the risk of contact with components for personnel.
Generator connection panel tap boxes from PSI Control Solutions come in ampacity ranges of 400 to 4,000. They are ideal for retail stores, banks, small businesses, office buildings, hospitals, stadiums, educational facilities, manufacturing, and more.
Contact us online now if you require a customized product, have questions, or need additional assistance.
Generator Tap Box Specifications
PSI Control Solutions offers a wide range of tap box types featuring customizable ampacity ranges, wire and pole typings, and mountings to meet all of our clients’ needs. Available specifications include:
- Ampacity ranges from 400 to 4000
- 208-240, 480, and 575-600 volts
- Three or four wires
- Cam-Lok® receptacles come in male or female configurations as needed
- NEMA 3R or NEMA 3RSS stainless steel enclosures
- Assembly can be labeled UL508A if required
Additional features, including short circuit protection, phase rotation protection, Cam-Lock snap covers, crimp lugs, and special enclosure colorations are all available upon request — contact us for details.
Benefits of Equipping Your Business with a Generator Docking Station
Choosing to install a generator connection box for your business is an ideal way to deal with a variety of potential issues and planned maintenance situations. Using a generator connection box, as opposed to manual connection, offers your business:
- A faster means of connecting to supplementary power. Once established, a tap box can be used within a matter of seconds — even less than a second with an automatic transfer switch configuration.
- Far safer means of getting emergency power. Manually connecting to a portable generator is slower and introduces far more hazards to personnel.
- Fewer limitations to gaining auxiliary power. When a tap box is installed, it will be assigned designated circuits to power, allowing your business the ability to power multiple setups all at once.
Learn more about selecting a generator tap box. Call PSI Control Solutions at (704) 594-4107!
Generator Tap Box: Product Usage
When used in combination with a manual or automatic transfer switch, a business can be reasonably prepared for most complications or risks commonly involved with a sudden or unplanned outage. Tap boxes wired and connected with a manual transfer switch or ATS are suitable for supplying power to lights, emergency systems and PAs, heating and cooling systems, refrigeration systems, and use during routine mechanical maintenance and upkeep.
Our auxiliary power tap box products can all be ordered with additional accessories, including testing kits, additional Cam-Lok® cables, mounting hardware, and ideal supplementary and complementary products (such as manual or automatic transfer switches).
You May Also Be Interested In
- What Is a Generator Tap Box?
- Benefits of Installing a Generator Tap Box
- Buyer’s Guide for Generator Tap Boxes
- Why Choose PSI for Your Generator Tap Boxes?