PSI Control Solutions operates as a private label contract manufacturer providing OEM control panels, custom industrial control panels, low- and medium-voltage starters, and power meters to large original equipment manufacturers (OEM) in a wide variety of industries.
As a result of this concentration on the OEM market, PSI Control Solutions has developed very strong direct relationships with its electrical component suppliers. These special relationships enable us to bring to the market very reliable, high-quality control panels delivered on time, adding value to your business.
The engineering staff at PSI Control Solutions is equally adept at designing from a concept or schematic, and each of our three manufacturing locations has certification for UL508A/cUL 508A and is ISO 9001 certified. The Charlotte plant also has certification for UL508A Hazardous Locations defined as Class 1 Div 2. Whether your needs are for just a few or a few hundred OEM panels, PSI Control Solutions has the answer.
OEM Control Panel Applications
OEM control panel (aka electrical control panel) design is one of PSI Control Solutions’ core activities. We provide the right custom-engineered controls for whatever application you need. If you don’t see your application listed, just let us know.
- Industrial control panels, including alarm systems, variable-frequency drives, motor and valve applications, reduced voltage starters, and UL 698A intrinsically safe controls.
- Water systems applications, such as reservoirs and tanks, community wells, booster stations, greenhouses, and irrigation systems.
- Wastewater applications for lift stations, secondary treatment systems, grinder systems, UV disinfection, and dispersal systems.
- Environmental monitoring applications for groundwater, solid waste, and stormwater.
Our Custom Control Panel Design and Manufacturing Process
Here’s the process we use to help you expand your own design and production abilities.
- Development. You contact us and fill us in on new equipment plans you’re planning. We discuss the feature set and target price you have in mind. Additional discussions cover potential changes and cost-saving options.
- Sales. Your team sends us the specifications we use for every equipment quote. We return an accurate, guaranteed quote ahead of your stated deadline.
- Design. When you receive an order, our team provides a detailed panel submittal for approval. If the submittal is not approved, we make adjustments and revisions and resubmit. We repeat this process until the submittal is approved.
- Delivery. Once the submittal is approved, you send us an official purchase order and we schedule production and delivery to synchronize with your equipment delivery schedule.
- Support. We’re here to make sure things are right. If, during or after startup, an OEM control panel problem is discovered, we’re available to help diagnose and correct any problem.
Hazardous Location Control Panels
Hazardous environments or locations contain concentrations of dangerous, flammable gas, liquid, vapor, airborne fibers, dust, or any other combustible matter that places an area at risk of explosion, fire, or electrocution. People who work in hazardous locations need to be confident their controls are safe, effective, and efficient.
Designing control panels for hazardous locations requires planning, design, and engineering that differs from control panels for other “normal” locations. Typical users of hazardous location control panels are those in the oil and gas industry, labs, or manufacturing industries working with large amounts of chemicals, and industries with combustible particles or dust.
PSI Control Solutions designs hazardous location control panels for a wide range of hazardous locations and can help you design an enclosure that protects your control panels from any and all hazardous materials.
Frequently Asked Questions on OEM Control Panels
Not sure if you need a custom OEM control panel? The answers to these questions can help you decide.
What is a custom control panel?
Built as either a single-source or complex control solution, a custom control panel is designed to meet your specific needs and requirements. Typically constructed to address unique needs, custom control panels:
- Tie together and smooth the operation and monitoring of various operations.
- Ensure workers in hazardous locations are protected.
- Fill a need other OEM or standardized panels might not.
Do I need custom control panels?
As with most things, it depends, but the answer is often yes. Instead of figuring out if you need custom control panels, though, it’s better to ask how you can benefit from them. If you:
- Find yourself dealing with different panels for every operation within your business, even if the equipment’s tasks are identical
- Could benefit from a more straightforward, cohesive, and compatible design
Then you can benefit from custom panels!
Want more information on the OEM control panels offered by PSI Control Solutions? Reach out to us online today or call us at (704) 594-4107!