Manual Transfer Switches for Schools
A leading manufacturer of manual transfer switches, PSI Power & Controls offers emergency backup power solutions for schools and other academic buildings. Educational institutions rely on electricity to function properly from day to day. Implementing a backup power solution is a critical component to safeguarding your school in case of a power outage.
Our manual transfer switches for schools are custom built to provide power when you need it most. The trained engineers at PSI Power & Controls design and build manual transfers that easily connect to portable generators, so you can maintain a safe environment for students, teachers, and other employees.
Contact an engineer to learn more about our manual transfer switches for schools.
How Schools Use Manual Transfer Switches
When the power goes out, educational systems cannot function properly without a manual transfer switch. From the heating equipment to the computers and tablets used for teaching, electricity plays a vital role in the everyday activities of academic institutions. A manual transfer switch can supply emergency backup power to:
- Lights – You won’t have to worry about chaos breaking loose when the power goes out. The lights will remain on so you can maintain structure in the classrooms even in the event of an emergency.
- Heating and cooling equipment – Your school’s commercial heating and cooling equipment will operate during outages, so everyone stays comfortable and calm.
- Hot water heaters – Keep hot water flowing to sinks and other areas of the school during an electrical outage.
- Refrigerators – Don’t worry about school lunches spoiling or frozen goods thawing out.
- School electronics – Computers and tablets will work while you depend on backup power, so you can continue with your lesson plans.
- Security systems – Your security cameras will run the entire time your portable generator is in use for the safety of everyone in the school.
UL Listed Manual Transfer Switches
Depending on the size and location of your school, your manual transfer switch specifications may differ. For example, you may need a specific type of NEMA enclosure to ensure your school’s manual transfer switch operates safely no matter what conditions it endures.
No matter what your specifications, PSI Power & Controls builds UL listed manual transfer switches for schools. Available with fusible and non-fusible configurations, our manual transfer switches for schools meet all UL specifications—including those listed under UL 1008 standard.
- Two mechanically-interlocked molded case circuit breakers, cam-style male connectors, power distribution block, and grounding terminals hosted within a pad lockable enclosure
- A Hipot test for a period of at least 60 seconds
- NEC regulation compliance
- A hinged flap door to cover all cable openings when cables are not connected
- And much, much more
Need a Manual Transfer Switch for a School?
PSI Power & Controls produces high quality, reliable electrical solutions at a competitive price. When you choose PSI Power & Controls, you receive:
- Competitive pricing
- On-time delivery
- Engineering support
- UL-certified products
- 12-month material warranties
- 12-month workmanship warranties
- Private label assembly
Contact us today to learn more about our manual transfer switches for schools and other electrical solutions.